Two of the most prestigious honors given during the annual CAI designation classes are the Rose Award and Pat Massart Award.
The NAA presented the awards to Auctioneers Buddy Lee and Ruthie Taylor, respectively, during the opening session of CAI 2010 on March 21. CAI classes kicked off this week on the campus of Indiana University in Bloomington.
The Rose Award honors the contestant with the best auction summary, which participants in CAI III are required to complete in order to earn their CAI designations. Lee was joined in the finals by these NAA Auctioneers:
- Tirhani Mabunda, AARE, Tirhani Auctioneers, South Africa
- Megan McCurdy, BAS, McCurdy Auction LLC, Wichita, Kan.
- Braden McCurdy, McCurdy Auction LLC, Wichita, Kan.
- Bobby Ewald, AARE, CES, Ewald Enterprises Inc. Dba Ewald Auction & Realty, Orlando, Fla.
- Bill Dollinger, AARE, RE/MAX 100 Inc, Louisville, Ky.
The Pat Massart Award honors the CAI II contestant with the best auction proposal, which is required of CAI II students. Taylor of Taylor Auction & Realty Inc., Grenada, Miss., was joined in the finals by these NAA Auctioneers:
- Warren Ward, AARE, Albert Burney Inc., Gadsden, Ala.
- Jodi Reynolds, Aumann Auctions Inc., Nokomis, Ill.
This article was sourced from NAA on Facebook.